Sunday, 27 July 2014

OUTFIT POST: Violet Skies

Vivienne Westwood Anglomania for Melissa, Melissa shoes, Zimmermann, pink, ASOS coat, Mavi Jeans, white jeans, Cameo black blouse, holographic clutch, silk jumper, wool coat
Vivienne Westwood Anglomania for Melissa, Melissa shoes, Zimmermann, pink, ASOS coat, Mavi Jeans, white jeans, Cameo black blouse, holographic clutch, silk jumper, wool coat
Vivienne Westwood Anglomania for Melissa, Melissa shoes, Zimmermann, pink, ASOS coat, Mavi Jeans, white jeans, Cameo black blouse, holographic clutch, silk jumper, wool coat

Vivienne Westwood Anglomania for Melissa, Melissa shoes, Zimmermann, pink, ASOS coat, Mavi Jeans, white jeans, Cameo black blouse, holographic clutch, silk jumper, wool coat

Photographer: Duey Lam from XXIII Photog 

Top: Cameo ... Jumper: Zimmermann ... Coat: ASOS ... Jeans: Mavi ... Clutch: Bardot 
Shoes: c/o Vivienne Westwood Anglomania for Melissa (shop HERE

Shooting in public always gives me butterflies, especially when it is in one of Sydney's most visited places. It does take some warming up to the location, the camera and the set up by the professional photographer Duey complete with a tripod, reflector and flashlight. But after realising that I will never see those staring tourists again, being photographed did not seem so scary anymore. 

First time shooting around dusk, the sunset does provide some beautiful soft colours and lighting which complimented the rosy hues in the outfit. Today we are styling a more feminine look; working with shades of pink and violet. To me there is something very modern and clean in combining girly fairy floss shades with stark white. The result is even more chic when oversized cocoon shapes come into the equation. As a general rule of thumb I have never been pedantic about buying outerwear a size larger. As I fumbled through mum's wardrobe for this ASOS coat, she was more concerned about the ill fit than the fact that I was borrowing her precious garments. 

"Are you sure that's not too big for you?" she frowned, to which I answered "Whatever, it's oversized." 

And at that, I rest my case. 

Get the Look 






Follow me: Bloglovin ... Facebook ... Etsy ... Instagram 

7 comments:

  1. super:)) xx
    Bianka
    http://ruhamania.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I envy others who can stand right in the middle of street and snap outfit shots sometimes :P hopefully I can do that someday confidently! :") Anyway, I really think I should grab myself a pink pastel coat- it looks so good on you, and I'm totally digging those booties!! X

    Chic Nikkie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything about the lighting and this look are total perfection. So gorgeous and magical looking and we are loving the baby pink hues!

    xx 365hangers

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your outfit especially that shoes and coat <3

    www.stepfromsteph.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colour palette of the outfit is gorgeous and I love how good the holographic clutch looks with the pink coat.

    Fashionably Sparkly

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice pink coat, I love.
    http://www.wecocktaildress.com/tags/wedding-dresses-with-corset-bodice-t-1273/

    ReplyDelete